Informazioni di igiene
mentale in italiano
Mental Health Information in
The Royal College of Psychiatrists is the professional and
educational body for psychiatrists in the United Kingdom and the
Republic of Ireland. We promote mental health by:
- Setting standards and promoting excellence in mental health
- Improving understanding through research and education
- Leading, representing, training and supporting
- Working with patients, carers and their organisations
Public education is one of the central tasks of the College. We
believe that everyone needs knowledge to make informed decisions
about their health.
Don't your leaflets just
give a doctor's view of things?
We are doctors, but we do try to take a broader view.
How are the leaflets
They are written by psychiatrists who are
members of the College's Public Education Editorial Group. They
collaborate with an expert (or experts) in the field and with the
College Service User Recovery and Carers Forums.
We are also grateful to the psychiatrists, college staff and
others who have helped to translate and check the leaflets for
Do they meet internet health
The main leaflets are checked to make sure they
- DISCERN criteria (www.discern.org.uk/) In our
opinion, these are among the best available guidelines for high
quality health information.
Are they up to
We review them every 2 to 3 years. We update the web versions more
regularly to reflect any important changes in knowledge.
What's the point of the feedback
We use the feedback to help us update and re-edit the
leaflets. We also appreciate the
many helpful comments we receive
Who pays for all this?
- The editors are not paid. They are allowed to do this sort of
work for a period each week by their employers - universities or
- We do not accept pharmaceutical sponsorship for the printing of
- We accept some funding from charitable trusts and
- The College allocates a budget each year to cover some of the
printing, designing and marketing costs.
- Income is generated by the bulk sale of the paper versions
which goes back into the production of new materials
You don't have what I'm looking for
At the end of each leaflet we provide references so you can check
out our information or find more detailed information. If you have
any suggestions for leaflets that you would like us to develop,
please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org