Seminars in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry (second edition)
Part of the College
This core textbook for trainees in child and adolescent
psychiatry has been extensively updated and extended, with a number
of new chapters covering the major disorders and the range of
service provision. From assessment to outcome, from normal
development to unusual syndromes, from theoretical perspectives to
treatment, the reader will find this a clear, concise and
invaluable overview of the field.
This new edition:
- Provides a comprehensive overview of the specialty of child and
- Leads the reader succinctly from theory to clinical
- Considers the full range of theoretical and management
List of tables, boxes and figures
List of contributors
1. A brief history of child and adolescent psychiatry -
Dora Black and Simon G. Gowers
2. Normal development and developmental theories - Latha
3. Influences on development - David M. Kingsley and Simon G.
4. Continuities and discontinuities from childhood to adult
life - Ian M. Goodyer
5. Classification and epidemiology - Simon G. Gowers and Robin
6. The law in relation to children - David M.
7. Assessment in child and adolescent psychiatry - Mary
8. Developmental disorders - Paul Tiffin and Ann Le
9. Disorders of conduct - Paul McArdle
10. Disorders of attachment, anxiety and adjustment - Judith
11. Depression and self-harm - Andrew J.
12. Psychosis - Clare Lamb
13. Substance misuse - Clare Lamb
14. Eating disorders - Simon G. Gowers
15. Biological factors - Lindsey Kent
16. Psychosocial factors - Tim Morris
17. Disorders of parenting and child abuse - Stephen
18. Principles of treatment, service delivery and
psychopharmacology - Bobby Smyth and Simon G.
19. Psychosocial approaches and psychotherapies - Alison Wood
and Steve Hughes
20. Liaison approaches - Andrew Weaver
21. Forensic services - Sue Bailey
22. In-patient units - Sean Maskey