About the Equivalence Committee
The Equivalence Committee’s purpose is to assess applications
received under the CESR route and send recommendations to the
General Medical Council regarding individual applications for
Specialist Registration in Psychiatry.
Equivalence committee members are made up from the Specialty
Doctor's Committee, the Psychiatric Trainees' Committee and Faculty
members representing each psychiatric specialty. CESR Evaluators
are also invited to attend committee meetings.
For further information, please view the Committee's
- Dr K Leighton
- Dr E Fellow-Smith
- Dr R Rama Iyer (Specialty Doctors' Committee)
- Dr C Allan (Psychiatric Trainees' Committee)
- Mr B Hart (Carers' Forum)
- Mr C Wright (Service Users' Forum)
CESR applications are evaluated by specially trained College
members. If you are interested in becoming a CESR Evaluator, please
visit our CESR Evaluators page for
more details on the role, eligibility, and upcoming training
- Monday 17 February, 2-4pm
- Wednesday 14 May, 10am-4pm, includes Evaluator Refresher
- Monday 15 September, 2-4pm
- Wednesday 10 December, 10am-4pm, includes Evaluator Refresher
All meetings will be held at the Royal College in London.
If you would like to know more about the Equivalence Committee,
please contact Trevor Brent, CESR and Training Co-ordinator at
on 020 3701 2624.
Last updated: 16/07/2014