Our 2019 annual report and financial statements are now available
The report includes a review of the RCPsych’s performance as a Royal College, and charity, in 2019, and a full break down of our annual accounts. It also shows the full breadth of what we did and achieved as a College, and how we spent our members’ and funders’ money.
The report highlights a number of achievements throughout 2019, including:
- we were named Charity of the Year in the European Diversity Awards
- we ended the year with a record-breaking 18,700 members, including 2,914 Fellows
- we had the highest ever media coverage with 8,450 media hits and an aggregate audience of 147.4m people across the UK
- we had the highest social media following of any medical Royal College, with 85,400 followers on Twitter
- we had the highest ever number of delegates at our International Congress, with 3,456 people attending
- we had the highest ever number of people to attend events at the College headquarters, with 39,154 delegates
- we became one of only three medical Royal Colleges to be awarded the Cyber Essentials certification, meaning we have safeguards in place to prevent 80% of commonly known types of cyberattack
- we held our first ever conference for Chief Executives and Medical Directors of Mental Health Trusts – with Chief Executive of the NHS in England, Sir Simon Stevens, making an address
- we had almost 1,600 mental health services in our membership of our College Centre for Quality Improvement accreditation networks
- we helped reduce restrictive practice in 38 wards by more than 15%, through a Quality Improvement collaborative led by the National Collaborating Centre for Mental Health.