Our two-year Fellowships provide an unrivalled opportunity for current medical students about to enter foundation training in the UK.
If you’re fascinated by mental health, we hope you’ll consider a career in psychiatry. We will support you in your interest in mental health and during one of the most challenging times of your career.
Who can apply?
You can apply if you are a Student Associate member with an interest in mental health, and will be starting UK Foundation Training in 2019.
Current and previous recipients of the Pathfinder Fellowship are not eligible to apply.
What are the benefits?
The Foundation Fellowship award is worth up to £3000 over two years and you'll have access to:
- Mentoring - You will be assigned a mentor to give you advice and support over the next two years.
- International Congress - You will be given free registration to attend our International Congress each year over the two years. This includes a formal dinner with Academic Faculty and College Officers. A contribution towards accommodation and travel will be given.
- College events - You will be invited to special events to meet senior College Officers and Members.
- Psychiatry related activities - Opportunity to apply for other relevant events and activities.
- CPD Online - You will be given free access to the Royal College of Psychiatrists' eLearning site CPD Online. Over 200 modules and more than 100 podcasts to keep you up to date with new research and best practice psychiatry.
- TrOn - Trainees Online is our online learning resource to support trainee psychiatrists prepare for MRCPsych exams.
- Journal subscriptions - You will be given free print copies of the Royal College of Psychiatrists' journals: BJPsych Bulletin, BJPsych Advances, and The British Journal of Psychiatry.
- Meet the Foundation fellows - your profile will appear on our website.
How can I apply?Please submit your CV (max. 2 pages) and a covering letter (max. 1 page) to firstname.lastname@example.org, outlining the following:
- Your suitability for the Fellowship
- How you would act as an ambassador for psychiatry
Applications close midnight Sunday 14 April 2019.
Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed on Wednesday 8 May 2019.
If you have any queries, please contact email@example.com