The three-year Pathfinder Fellowship provided a unique opportunities to support medical students and foundation doctors interested in pursuing careers in Psychiatry.
What were the benefits?
The Pathfinder Fellowship award was worth up to £5000 over three years and includes the following fantastic benefits:
- Mentoring - a mentor to give you advice and support.
- CPD Online - free access to the Royal College of Psychiatrists' eLearning site CPD Online. Over 225 modules and more than 140 podcasts to keep you up to date with new research and best practice psychiatry.
- International Congress - free registration to attend International Congress of the Royal College of Psychiatrists each year over the 3 years. This included a formal dinner with Academic Faculty and College Officers, and a contribution towards accommodation and travel given.
- College events - invitations to the Royal College of Psychiatrists for special events to meet senior College Officers and members.
- Psychiatry related activities – opportunities to apply for other relevant events and activities.
- Journal subscriptions - free print copies of the Royal College of Psychiatrists' journals: BJPsych - The British Journal of Psychiatry, BJPsych International and BJPsych Bulletin.
- Meet the Pathfinders - see the profile of previous Pathfinders on our website.
The Pathfinder Fellowship is currently not running due to external funding issues.
Visit our bursaries page to find out about other opportunities for medical students, including our new Psych Star Scheme, open to medical students in any year, and Psychiatry Foundation Fellowship, open to medical students due to start foundation training.
If you have any queries please email: email@example.com