Find out how to apply for the College’s core psychiatric exam.
You can apply to take the Clinical Assessment of Skills and Competencies – otherwise know as the CASC – if you have:
- worked twenty-four months’ whole time equivalent post foundation / internship experience in Psychiatry
- been awarded a pass in Papers A and B or you comply with transitional arrangements
- have sponsorship in place
You also must be able to demonstrate one of the following:
- if your post is within a programme of approved training you must have successfully completed the Annual Review of Competence Progression by the time you apply for CASC
- for all other posts you must have successfully completed an Assessment Portfolio, showing achievement of equivalent competencies to those defined in the ARCP , to include competencies in Psychotherapy and Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, or Intellectual Disability.
How to apply
To apply you’ll need to complete our online application form. You should allow about 15 minutes to complete it. Here you'll be able to update your contact details and enter your training history including medical registration.
Please also have your credit/debit card details handy for payment, as well as the email address and full details of your sponsor.
Below you’ll find detailed information about completing each section of the form. Any questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.