|Timings||8.45 - 16.30|
|Location||Marriott Hotel, Birmingham|
The programme is now available to view online
Pre-course reading material will be sent electronically so please ensure your email address is up-to-date.
- Understand the role of Approved Clinician and how it differs from that of a Section 12 Doctor.
- Have an improved understanding of commonly used compulsory orders.
- Have a basic understanding of the use of compulsory orders in specialised areas.
- Understand the appeals/hearings process including the provision of reports and verbal evidence.
- Have an up to date understanding of current relevant case law.
- Have an improved understanding of the interface between the Mental Capacity Act 2005 and relevant legislation.
- Understand the Approved Clinician approvals process and the requirements for maintaining approval.
- Have an enhanced awareness of the impact of compulsory orders on service users and carers.
- Have an enhanced appreciation of the balance between risk and liberty.
A two-day ourse suitable for anyone who is applying to become an Approved Clinician. This course automatically covers Section 12(2) approval, there is no need to attend a separate course.