Whole day course
|Timings||09:30 - 16:00|
|Location||RCPsych, 21 Prescot Street, London, United Kingdom, E1 8BB|
|Speakers||Dr Michael Hobkirk|
|CPD||One CPD point per hour, subject to peer group approval|
|CT1-3 & ST4-6 Fee||£120|
This course is for trainees, SAS doctors and new consultants in psychiatry.
It is tailored specifically for psychiatry and provides valuable preparation for consultant and SAS interviews.
You'll get an introduction to the topic of leadership as it relates to trainees, SAS doctors and new consultant psychiatrists.
This course will help you to prepare for consultant or SAS interviews.
The trainer aims to make the day energising, interactive and encourages self-reflection (e.g. how to apply learning to your own circumstances). You'll be encouraged to ask questions and to contribute to group discussions.
The course is evidence based, comprehensive, practical and up to date.
No prior knowledge or experience of leadership and/or management needed.
- What are leadership and management?
- What makes an effective leader?
- "Quality" in mental healthcare
- Overview of key leadership documents, policies and institutions
- How the NHS works
- How to manage your time more effectively
- Improving performance at work
- Learning leadership
- Creating your personal leadership development plan
Delegates will receive copies of all learning materials including a Personal Effectiveness Resource Guide for psychiatrists covering:
- Time management
- Chairing meetings
- Negotiation and conflict resolution
What are leadership and management?
|11:00||Tea / Coffee and meeting colleagues|
Understanding the context
|15:00||Tea / Coffee and meeting colleagues|
Discussion and next steps
The event is taking place at the Royal College of Psychiatrists, 21 Prescot Street, London E1 8BB. Take a look at a map and directions to help plan your journey.
The Citymapper website/app can help you plan your route within London, giving the best walking, cycling, bus and tube routes available. Use postcode E1 8BB as your destination.
Please note that you will need to book your own accommodation for this event. There are many hotels to suit a range of budgets a short walk or bus journey from the College. Here are the best ways to find them:
- Use our interactive HotelMap to find live pricing and availability information
- Use the Visit London accommodation search function
- View a list of local hotels put together by the CALC team
Certificate of Eligibility for Specialist Registration (CESR) Training for SAS Doctors22Jan
RCPsych, 21 Prescot StreetLondon