|Location||RCPsych, 21 Prescot Street, London|
Location: RCPsych, 21 Prescot Street, London
View our accommodation list to view a range of accommodation options within walking distance of the college.
Email email@example.com to register your interest and we'll be in touch when more details are available.
Prize: Best Oral presentation (1st £500)
Best Trainee/SAS doctor poster (1st £100, 2 runners-up £50 each)
Best Medical Student/Foundation doctor poster (1st £100, 2 runners-up £50 each)
Eligible: Medical Students, Psychiatry F1-F2, Speciality trainees (CT1-3, ST4-6), and SAS doctors in the UK.
Where presented: Faculty residential meeting, usually held in September each year
I. All applicants must be working in the United Kingdom.
II. Applicants should be Medical Students, Foundation doctors, Specialty trainees (CT 1-3, ST4-6), or SAS doctors.
III. Applicants should submit an abstract to the Faculty residential meeting. Please follow the instructions on the Call for Papers below.
IV. All posters submitted with a trainee, medical student, foundation doctor or SAS doctor as the lead author will automatically be entered into the Poster Competition.
V. Authors who want to be considered for the Oral Presentation prize, should notify Sarah Morrissey at the time of submission.
VI. Three assessors nominated by the Faculty Chair will judge the posters and presentations at the meeting.
VII. Presentations will be judged on clarity of presentation, time-keeping, originality of content, relevance to meeting, methodology and clarity of ideas; for the oral presentation quality of aids is an additional category.
VIII. In the event that none of the applications is considered to be of a satisfactory standard, no award will be made.
Call for posters
Instructions on the preparation and submission of abstracts:
1. Abstracts should be typed single spaced, font size (10), Verdana in Word format using standard text, or text-only format. Apple Mac documents cannot be accepted.
2. The title should be in bold, followed by the full name(s) of the author and all co-authors, including titles (e.g. Dr) and their affiliations, e.g:
Assessment of depression in Emergency Unit of DGH Dr Andrew Brown and Dr Beverley Jones, Riverview Mental Health NHS Trust, Southington; Ms Wendy Smith, The Nightingale Clinic, Staunton.
3. Hand-written abstracts will not be accepted.
4. The title must contain no abbreviations.
5. The abstract should present in order: the aims, methods, results and comments or conclusions. If no information is given in the abstract about the results of the study, the authors must include a covering letter of explanation with their submission.
6. Bibliographic references (Vancouver style referencing only), tables and appendices must not be included in the abstract.
7. Page borders or illustrations/graphics must not be included in the abstract.
8. All spellings should be carefully checked.
N.B Normal conference fees will apply to submitted poster presenters.
Closing date: 15:00 on Friday 12 July 2019
Submissions to: Sarah Morrissey, Event Co-ordinator on firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit the Faculty of Neuropsychiatry page for Prizes and bursaries.