One Day Event
|Timings||09:00am Registration, 09:30 course starts. 16:00 course close|
|Location||21 Prescot Street, London|
|CPD||Up to six CPD hours per day, subject to peer group approval|
Location: 21 Prescot Street, London
Patients with long term & medically unexplained physical symptoms present in a range of settings. Many clinical presentations are poorly explained by existing anxiety-based treatment models. This workshop will provide clinicians with specific assessment and management skills based upon the so-called five areas assessment CBT model - and focus upon a range of interventions to help the patient use experiments and structured problem solving plans to improve how they feel.
After you have attended this course you should be able to:
• Describe the range of illness responses and understand these using a cognitive behavioural framework
• Help make sense of the patients current presentation – including how to assess complex presentations such as chronic fatigue and pain
• Identify factors that are worsening how the person feels and choose realistic targets for change
• Use concepts such as pie charts to help patients reattribute the causes of their symptoms
• Describe in detail a plan to increase activity levels in order to overcome avoidance and reduced activity
Psychiatrists, Nurses, and other professions who are members of a multi-disciplinary team.
The event will take place at the Royal College of Psychiatrists, 21 Prescot Street, London E1 8BB. You can view directions and a map to help you plan your journey.
The Citymapper website/app can help you plan your route within London, giving the best walking, cycling, bus and tube routes available. Use postcode E1 8BB as your destination.