One Day Event
|Timings||09:00am Registration, 09:30 course starts. 16:00 course close|
|Location||21 Prescot Street, London|
|CPD||Up to six CPD hours per day, subject to peer group approval|
This course is now fully booked
Patients with long term & medically unexplained physical symptoms present in a range of settings. Many clinical presentations are poorly explained by existing anxiety-based treatment models. This workshop will provide clinicians with specific assessment and management skills based upon the so-called five areas assessment CBT model - and focus upon a range of interventions to help the patient use experiments and structured problem solving plans to improve how they feel.
After you have attended this course you should be able to:
• Describe the range of illness responses and understand these using a cognitive behavioural framework
• Help make sense of the patients current presentation – including how to assess complex presentations such as chronic fatigue and pain
• Identify factors that are worsening how the person feels and choose realistic targets for change
• Use concepts such as pie charts to help patients reattribute the causes of their symptoms
• Describe in detail a plan to increase activity levels in order to overcome avoidance and reduced activity
Psychiatrists, Nurses, and other professions who are members of a multi-disciplinary team.
The rate for all attendees would be at the below rate
The event will take place at the Royal College of Psychiatrists, 21 Prescot Street, London E1 8BB. You can view directions and a map to help you plan your journey.
The Citymapper website/app can help you plan your route within London, giving the best walking, cycling, bus and tube routes available. Use postcode E1 8BB as your destination.
View our accommodation list to view a range of accommodation options within walking distance of the college.
Contact Name: Sarah Morrissey
Contact number: 020 3701 2567