One day conference
|Timings||08:45 - 16:30|
|Location||RCPsych, 21 Prescot Street, London|
|CPD||Up to six CPD hours per day, subject to peer group approval|
View latest conference programme (pdf)
Designed for Psychiatrists, this one-day conference will help you to recognise and take the first steps in the management of infections and inflammatory conditions. The speakers are experts in their fields including Acute Medicine, Gastroenterology, Infectious Diseases and Dentistry.
This event is suitable for all Psychiatrists who want to improve their physical health knowledge.
Aims of the conference
• Help you to know when to refer to other specialties and the key information to provide on making a referral to a general hospital
Practical examples will be given that are relevant to the physical health care of people with mental conditions and disorders.
Confirmed speakers include:
- A guide to pulmonary infection and airways disease - Dr Peter Saunders
- Acute oral infections - Professor Jenny Gallagher and Rakhee Patel
- Cutaneous and soft tissue infections: recognition and first steps - Dr Lucy Lamb
- Recognising infectious diseases: clinical features of TB, Hepatitis C and HIV - Dr Mas Chaponda
- Gastroenterology: infections and inflammation - Gavin Johnson
- Fever in the returning traveller - Nick Beeching
- Antibiotics: getting treatment right first time - Immo Weichart
- Early recognition and treatment of Sepsis - Richard Breeze
Fees include catering during scheduled programme breaks but do not include accommodation.
*Standard Rate applies to RCPsych fellows/members/associates at the following grades Consultants/Locum Consultants, SAS/Associate Specialists, Staff Grades, GPs and Non RCPsych members of any grade.
** The reduced fee is available to RCPsych members/associates only at the following grades Higher/Advanced/Core Trainees/Pre-membership Psychiatric Trainees/Trainee Registration with the college, Foundation Year Doctors or Student Associates and RCPsych members or fellows registered with membership on the Retired or Reduced subscription rate of 50% or less.
*** If you are a medical student or Foundation Year doctor and not registered as a student associate with the college, you can apply to be a student associate for free at the following link http://www.rcpsych.ac.uk/discoverpsychiatry/studentassociates.aspx
The event will take place at the Royal College of Psychiatrists, 21 Prescot Street, London E1 8BB. You can view directions and a map to help you plan your journey.
The Citymapper website/app can help you plan your route within London, giving the best walking, cycling, bus and tube routes available. Use postcode E1 8BB as your destination.
You can book accommodation through our partner agency MICE Concierge.