Whole day conference
|Timings||Conference 9am-4:20pm | Drinks reception 4:20-6pm|
|Location||RCPsych, 21 Prescot Street, London|
|CPD||Up to six CPD hours, subject to peer group approval|
|Standard rate (consultants and non-members)||£130|
|Reduced rate (SAS, trainees, students and retired members)||£80|
You can book online for this conference.
The Spirituality Special Interest Group invites you celebrate with them at their 20th Anniversary Conference. The conference itself will be followed by a drinks reception.
Programme highlights include:
- Professor Chris Cook: An introduction to the relationship between religion/spirituality and psychiatry (title TBC)
- Dr Sarah Eagger: Compassion - the heart of what we do
- Baroness Sheila Hollins: Adult survivors of childhood abuse - addressing emotional and spiritual needs
- Dr Sylvia Mohr: Spiritual healing of Psychosis in Cambodia
- Professor John Peteet: A View of Religion, Spirituality and Psychiatry: The American Experience; and A Closer Look at Transcendence and its Relationship to Mental Health
- Dr Andrew Powell (Founding Chair): The Spirituality SIG: Why then, Why now?
The event will take place at the Royal College of Psychiatrists, 21 Prescot Street, London E1 8BB. Take a look at a map and directions to help plan your journey.
The Citymapper website/app can help you plan your route within London, giving the best walking, cycling, bus and tube routes available. Use postcode E1 8BB as your destination.
Please note that you will need to make your own accommodation arrangements for this event. There are many hotels to suit a range of budgets a short walk or bus journey from the College. Here are the best ways to find them:
- Use our interactive Hotel map to find live pricing and availability information
- Use the Visit London accommodation search function
- View a list of local hotels put together by the CALC team