|CPD||1 CPD point per hour subject to peer group approval|
This is a one day course aimed at General Adult Psychiatrists to equip them with the resources to manage patients with personality disorders.
- The epidemiology of personality disorder, its co-morbidity with other Axis 1 mental disorders and why it is important for the general psychiatrist.
- A brief note on the Theory of Personality and the various ways in which normal personality is construed.
- Classification of PD and why the revisions of both ICD-11 and DSM-5 are not satisfactory
- A clinical assessment of personality disorder that makes some sense
- Does personality disorder change and, if so, what changes? What is the long-term course of different personality disorders?
- Are there any pharmacological or psychological treatments for Personality Disorder that really work?
- How to bring all of this together in the consulting room.
Topics to be covered: Epidemiology, Classification, Assessment, Treatment (of personality disorder).