Academic Psychiatry Trainees Conference 2021
One day conference
|CPD||up to 6 CPD points, subject to your peer group approval|
Registration has now closed
|Consultant / Member Fee||£75|
|Higher Trainee/ SAS/ Subsidised/ Retired Fee||£55|
|Core Trainee/ FY Doctor/ Med Student Fee||£35|
We have a fantastic line up of speakers, including:
- Professor Dinesh Bhugra
- Dr Mandy Johnstone (KCL)
- Professor Geraint Rees (UCL)
- Professor John Paul Taylor (Newcastle)
- Dr Jessica Eccles (BSMS)
This webinar will feature a number of topics, including;
- Medical Student/FY Doctor workshop
- Pre-PhD workshop
- Post PhD Workshop
- Sessions on psychiatric research in the media
- work life balance in academic medicine
The full programme will be available soon.
The conference will be opened by Professor Vivienne Curtis
- Careers in Academic Psychiatry - Dr Mandy Johnstone
- Panel Discussion: Science in the media. How, when and what you can do - Dr David Robert Grimes, Dr Tim Williams and Tom Whipple from The Times
- Work Life Balance in Academic Medicine - Professor Geraint Rees
- An introduction to academic editing - Dr Jude Harrison
- Workshops include Funding and where to get it? (Post-Doctoral Trainees)
There will be opportunities for networking post conference.
Prizes and Bursaries
Prizes and bursaries can be viewed here
How will the event work online?
- The conference will take place online using Zoom as a webinar.
- Participants will be able view a video of the speaker and alongside any slides.
- Participants can also pose questions, and some speakers may use polling or other interactive features.
- All registered participants will have access to a recording for up to two months after the event.
This event is taking place online via Zoom. To take part you will need:
- Access to a reliable internet connection
- A PC, laptop, tablet or phone
- Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge browser or Zoom installed on your PC, laptop, tablet or phone
Terms & conditions
Please read our terms and conditions before making your booking.
For further information, please contact:
Contact Name: Emma George
Contact number: 0208 618 4143