CBT in Practice: Managing anxiety 2021
whole day event
|Timings||9:30am start, 4:00pm finish|
|CPD||up to 6 CPD points, subject to your peer group approval|
|Fees||£200 one day, £400 two days, £525 three days|
Anxiety affects one in six individuals, and is very commonly found alongside other mental and physical disorders. In daily practice, anxiety is frequently under-recognised and under-treated. For problems such as generalised anxiety, panic disorder and phobias, NICE recommends cognitive behaviour therapy (CBT) as the most effective intervention in both primary and secondary care settings. This workshop teaches you how to help patients modify unhelpful thoughts and behaviours that are inadvertently maintaining their anxiety. It will also help you to decide when to refer patients for joint or further working by other professionals within or outside of your own clinical team.
How will the event work online?
- The conference will take place online using Zoom as a webinar.
- Participants will be able view a video of the speaker and alongside any slides.
- Participants can also pose questions, where the programme allows, and some speakers may use polling or other interactive features.
This course is not available on demand.
This event is taking place online via Zoom. To take part you will need:
- Access to a reliable internet connection
- A PC, laptop, tablet or phone
- Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge browser or Zoom installed on your PC, laptop, tablet or phone
Terms and conditions
For further information, please contact:
Contact Name: Emma George
Contact number: 0208 618 4143
15 minute CBT for use in clinical teams: a Five Areas Approach 202120Oct
Working with Long Term Physical Illness and Medically Unexplained Symptoms22Nov