'A NICE day at the Racecourse'
|Timings||09:25 - 16:15|
|CPD||Up to 6 CPD hours subject to peer group approval|
|Consultants and SAS Doctors||£140|
|Trainees and Subsidised Members||£70|
|Service Users and Carers||£20|
- Dr Adrian James: This speaker has no interests to declare.
- Professor Peter Kinderman: TBC
- Professor David Taylor: This speaker has previously received research funding and consulting payments from Sunovion, Lundbeck, Viatris, HLS and Recordati and is currently receiving a research grant from Janssen. Professor Taylor is a shareholder in Psychiatric Genetic Testing, which provides genetic tests for clozapine.
- Kate King: This speaker has no interests to declare.
- Professor Navneet Kapur: This speaker has chaired or advised on multiple NICE guidelines including those for self-harm, suicide prevention, and depression. He sits on the Department of Health and Social Care's main advisory group for suicide prevention.
- Professor Matthew Large: This speaker has been engaged as an expert witness on multiple occasions and has conducted three inquiries into organisational responses to suicide risk.
- Dr Rachel Gibbons: This speaker has no interests to declare.
Please join us for an exciting Autumn Conference which will discuss the updated NICE guidelines for depression and other topics relevant to all Psychiatrists. The day will open with a talk from RCPsych President Dr Adrian James, who will be discussing the highlights and challenges of his first two years as President.
We are delighted to welcome the following speakers:
- Dr Adrian James
- Professor Peter Kinderman
- Professor David Taylor
- Kate King
- Professor Navneet Kapur
- Dr Rachel Gibbons
We are pleased to be running our Poster competitions again at this Conference. This will be the first poster competition held in person since 2019.
We welcome entries in the following categories:
- Medical Students and FY1
- FY2 and Trainees
- SAS Doctors
There will be a winner in each category who will receive £100 prize money and a certificate of Merit. Winners will be announced on the day.
If you would like to submit an entry or find out more information then head over to the competitions webpage.
Registration: 8.30am - 9.25am
Lectures: 9.25am - 4.15pm
Lunch and all refreshments will be served in the Knavesmire Stand Refreshments Room and all Lectures will be held in the Voltigeur Suite. Both rooms are on the 3rd Floor of the Knavesmire Stand.
There is large free car park available onsite for those who are travelling by car. The car park is a 5 minute walk to the Knavesmire Stand.
For those travelling by train, York train station is a 10 minute drive/taxi ride from the Racecourse and they will drop you at the main entrance where the car park is situated and there is a 5 minute walk to the Knavesmire Stand.
Mask wearing will not be enforced at this event however you are welcome to wear one if you wish to do so. It is a large venue and although social distancing wont be in place, you will be able to distance yourself from others if you wish to do so. Hand Sanitizer will be available in the venue.
Contact Name: Northern and Yorkshire Division
Contact number: 0208 618 4196