Health Education England are funding the Royal College of Psychiatrists to deliver a masterclass programme for senior trainees in Perinatal Psychiatry. This is to support Perinatal Mental Health Services in England.
The programme involves 5 days of participation and 25 places are available.
The masterclass programme is free to attend, and places are awarded via an application process.
The course will be delivered remotely (via zoom) with presentations, background reading, case discussions, and small group work. One of the aims of the programme is to develop relationships between participants within the group in order to support future liaison, networking and peer support.
The programme is open to:
- senior trainee psychiatrists (ST4-6) who are working in perinatal mental health teams in England, or
- senior trainee psychiatrists (ST4-6) engaged in research posts in England, relevant to the sub-speciality
- You must be working in England and in the NHS
We regret we are unable to accept applications from:
- People who have attended a previous senior trainee masterclass programme run by the RCPsych
- Non psychiatrist ST4-6 doctors
- People who are working in Northern Ireland, Wales or Scotland, or outside of the UK
- The masterclass is 5-days in length
- The course takes place from Monday 4 to Friday 8 October 2021 inclusive
- Each day will start at 9.15am and finish at 4.30pm
- Successful applicants are required to attend for the entire week
Please send the following 3 document:
- Personal statement outlining your interest, and suitability for the course
- Letter/email of support from your consultant/line manager/employer
- Your up-to-date CV
Closing date for submissions:
Sunday 8 August 2021, 11:59pm