Join the Mental Health Act training team
Since 2021, the RCPsych Section 12 and Approved Clinician Induction and Refresher courses have trained thousands of doctors and allied health professionals.
The courses consist of eLearning modules with recorded presentations, interactive learning exercises and end of module tests, along with a live online Q&A session with our expert panel. Our courses are approved by the Department of Health and Social Care's National Reference Group representing all four National Approvals Panels in England.
We are now looking for more consultants and SAS doctors to join our expanding panel of experts from all specialties, to contribute to the live online Q&A sessions.
You will need to:
- be practising currently
- have substantial experience as an Approved Clinician/Responsible Clinician under the MHA 1983 (as amended 2007)
- have an interest in the Mental Health Act and training.
- Live online Q&A sessions are three hours in length, morning sessions are from 9am-12pm, and afternoon session are from 2-5pm.
- Sessions are held on a regular basis throughout the year – sign up for as few as two sessions a year.
- You'll preview the questions submitted in advance by attendees.
- guidance and support from other expert panel members
- support from RCPsych team for date planning, and pre-course information
- a Certificate of Presentation (for your CPD points).
Please complete the form below to tell us more about you and your experience:
We will then be in touch with details of an online briefing from a current session trainer about the role.
Please contact S12ACtraining@rcpsych.ac.uk with any enquiries.