To access 6Connex and for the best user experience you will need the following:
- Desktop, laptop (MAC or PC) or tablet (iOS or Android)
- A strong internet connection
- Chrome, Firefox, Safari or Microsoft Edge - 6Connex is a web based platform so you will not need to download an app
- Pop up blockers disabled
- Cookies allowed
- Allow flash
- Disconnect from any VPN
You can check your system via the following link. If any issues arise you may need to contact your IT department https://virtualdestinations.6connex.com/event/TheWayToDoVirtual/system-check
On the day
- Prior to the Congress taking place you will receive a link to join the platform
- After clicking on the link you will be taken to a log in page
- When you first log on you will need to reset your password. Please do so by clicking the ‘forgot password link’ You will then be sent a password reset email. Please be aware that this may go to your junk.
- Please log in with the email address registered on your RCPsych account
- We will be opening the platform from 10.00am (BST), Friday 18 June to give you time to familiarise yourself with the platform prior to the event. We would recommend logging in and setting up your account over the weekend before the Congress begins
Your online profile will be populated with the information on your RCPsych Account, including your name, place of work and email address. Please be aware that any information on your profile can be viewed by other delegates.
You can update your profile by performing the following steps:
- Click the gear icon in the upper right corner
- Click on “edit registration info”
- On the screen that appears, update any/all of your registration information
Click “Submit” at the bottom of the page to save your changes
We’d love it if you could add your picture too as we won’t be able to see you in person.
Don’t forget to read the Congress Privacy Notice in the joining instructions as this outlines how people will be able to see and interact with you on the platform.
Lobby area - Once you have logged in you will enter a lobby area. From here, using the navigation buttons, you will be able to access the help desk, auditorium, the exhibition hall, the poster lounge, the Congress Fringe and the Congress Lounge
In the bottom navigational bar you will also see a briefcase which is the equivalent to your Congress bag. In here you can find a map of the virtual rooms, along with a programme and other key bits of information. You can also add things to your briefcase as you move around the platform, such as exhibitor information and the sessions you want to attend.
Auditorium - The Auditorium is where the main sessions and keynote presentations will be located. On-demand (recorded) content will be accessible from this area as well. Click directly on the content screen to display the content window
Please note that whilst you are watching a session on the platform you will not be able to visit other areas of the platform. If you would like to browse the platform or chat to other attendees whilst watching the session then please open the platform up again in another tab of your browser so you have it open twice. We also recommend having the programme on hand in another tab.
In the poster hall you can view all the Congress posters and watch the Rapid-Fire Poster Sessions. Click on the poster board to view all posters in that category. This year we have also published our poster abstracts in a special BJPsych Open Supplement which you can view by clicking on the BJPsych Open board.
Our interactive platform was specially designed with online networking in mind. Within the platform there are a number of ways to interact with others
- You can view who is attending by clicking on “Now Attending” or “This Location” in the upper right corner of your screen or you can use the “Search” function to search for attendees
- You will be able to initiate a private, one to one chat or email other delegates directly, if they have provided an email address
- There will be a number of public chats around the platform, from these you can chat to and post messages to all attendees
- When you enter an exhibition booth you will be able to chat with their representatives
- If you enter an exhibition booth, the exhibitor will be able to view your basic profile information and chat with you through the platform. They will not be given your email address unless you provide this
- Within the sessions you will be able to ask questions to the speakers through the Q&A function. Each session should allow time for questions towards the end
Please read our International Congress Privacy Notice and Code of Conduct before interacting with others on the platform.
- All content will be available on demand until 31 December 2021. You will need to use the same log in link to access the platform where the content will be uploaded
- If you are planning on watching the Congress on demand you will need to ensure you are registered in advance
- On demand content will be uploaded to the platform within 24 hours of it taking place. So if a session took place on Monday 21 June at 09.00 it will be uploaded on the platform by Tuesday 22 June at 09.00
- Speaker presentations will be made available to you with their consent
- To view our Keynote Speaker PowerPoint presentations please view our additional resources page
- You will have a 'Briefcase' in the platform that will act as your Congress bag, any content that you want to access later you can download to your briefcase
The programme for this year's International Congress is bigger and more exciting than ever before. We have a number of different types of session taking place this year. You will be able to access each type through the single 6Connex log in link. You do not need to log in and register for each session individually, unless otherwise stated.
Please see the breakdown below to guide you through the programme
- Keynote: Keynote speakers will present for 30 minutes. There will not be Q&A opportunities in these sessions. These will take place in the Auditorium
- Sessions/Masterclasses/Training Courses: These sessions will be taking place during the main Congress programme and will be 75 minutes in length. Training courses will either be full day or half day courses. These sessions will include a Q&A section. These sessions will all be available in the Auditorium
- Congress Lounge: The Congress lounge sessions will run alongside the main Congress programme. These sessions will include special Q&A with our Keynote speakers, a new addition this year, which will give you the chance to interact with our world renown keynotes
- Rapid Fire Poster presentations: The rapid fire poster presentations will include short presentations from the top scoring submitted abstracts. Each presenter will present for 5 minutes in total including a short time for questions. The presentations will be broken down into various sub categories. You can access the Rapid Fire Poster sessions through the Poster Hall
- Congress Fringe: The Congress Fringe is another new addition this year and will include a number of Cultural sessions, including yoga, comedy, dance, drama, music and poetry
- RCPsych Lounge: The RCPsych Lounge will be situated in the Exhibition Hall alongside the RCPsych Stand. The Lounge will include informative and interactive sessions updating you on key College information