We are working with a partner, International Conference Services (ICS) to help us deliver some elements of the Congress. They will be in touch with you to support with pre-recording and provide training on the platform we are using.
The platform training is a condition of presenting and you will need to have attended this before you present on the day.
To present at this year's Congress you will need to attend our platform training. We are using a specialised webinar platform that is different to Teams and Zoom so you will need to familiarise yourself with this.
For the best results during your presentation you will need the following:
- A desktop, laptop or MAC
- A strong internet connection
- Chrome, Firefox or Microsoft Edge
- Any pop up blockers disabled
- Cookies and Flash allowed
- If you are using a company device, check whether there is a firewall installed and grant access to
- Log off any VPN you are connected to
The use of headphones will significantly increase the audio quality
Please read through the detailed PowerPoint guidance from our webinar providers.
When preparing your PowerPoint slides key points to remember are:
- Use PowerPoint 2007 or later
- Save as a .PPT or PPTX file
- Use either Standard (4:3) or Widescreen (16:9)
- Remove any read only restrictions
- Remove any password protection
- Do not embed or insert Audio or Video files
- Your font size should be at least 28 point or higher
- The platform does not support times animations. Any animations should be set 'on click'
- Speaker form to confirm key details regarding your talk and agree to our speaker terms – deadline 26 March
- Photograph (please email to email@example.com) to be included in the Congress event platform, website and promotional materials – deadline 20 April
- Declaration of competing interests – deadline 23 April
- Please complete our online form. If you have no interests to declare and are unable to complete the on-line form, a simple email to firstname.lastname@example.org confirming that you do not have any interests to declare will suffice. Speakers will not be able to present at College events unless they submit their declaration of competing interests by the agreed deadline.
- PowerPoint presentation: This will need to be uploaded into the webinar platform prior to your presentation - deadline 4 June
- Promotional information: please send us any links, photographs, videos, articles or any other available resources related to your session and we will use the information to promote it in advance. – deadline 20 April
All chairs and presenters at College events are expected to uphold the College values, which are Courage, Innovation, Respect, Collaboration, Learning and Excellence.
Please follow this link to read more about the College values and behaviours.