Submit your proposal for 2023
We are now looking for proposals for sessions and masterclasses for Congress 2023.
The RCPsych International Congress 2023 will be taking place in Liverpool between 10 - 13 July. Over the four days of the congress, we hope to entice delegates with a programme full of sessions, debates and masterclasses covering a wide-range of subjects including cutting-edge science, latest advances in clinical psychiatry, patient experience, policy and so much more, and we need your help to put it together!
We would like to thank you for your continued support of this event, as we aim to make the RCPsych International Congress the most prestigious mental health event in the world.
If you would like to help us shape the programme, please submit your proposal by Friday 21 October 2022.
Submission guidelines - what makes a successful submission
- We would like to encourage proposals that present a diverse faculty including women, ethnic minority groups and patients and carers. Please read our speaker diversity policy before submitting your proposal
- We would also like to encourage proposals that integrate speakers of all career grades, including SAS doctors and trainees
- Your submission should include a variety of speakers from different organisations/centres
- The 2023 Congress will be an in-person event and we would therefore expect all speakers to present in-person
- The congress has a very limited budget for speaker expenses and so we may offer virtual presentation as an alternative to covering the costs of travel expenses for speakers outside of the UK
- Each session and masterclass will be 75 minutes long. We expect three speakers and one chair per session and 2-3 speakers and one chair per masterclass
- Please ensure you have contacted all speakers to obtain their permission, prior to submitting your proposal
- Please do not submit poster abstracts. A separate call for poster submissions will be available later on in the year
- To submit your proposal please login to our submission portal where you will be able to 'sign up' and create a username and password. Once you have set up your account please complete all fields of the submission form
- The form allows you to save your submission as a draft before submitting and up to the deadline. No changes will be possible after the deadline. If not submitted any drafts after the deadline will be deleted
- Please complete all sections of the submission form
- Have a look at the 2022 congress programme to get a better idea of the type of proposals the committee has included in the past
- Submissions must be submitted via the online portal. We will not be able to accept submissions by any other method
- Submissions must be received by the deadline, any submissions received after the deadline will not be considered
- After the deadline all submissions will be reviewed by the organising committee. Following this acceptance and scheduling information will be sent to the submission organiser
You will be able to submit your proposal under one of the following topic categories:
- New science
- Education and training
- Clinical practice
- Quality improvement
- Policy and media
- Leadership and management
If you have any problems with your submission please get in touch
telephone: 020 8618 4120