After running a hugely successful summer series of Congress webinars we are now looking for proposals for sessions and masterclasses for next year’s Congress that will take place on 21 – 24 June 2021 with a theme of Psychiatry in Changing Times.
After the COVID-19 pandemic put a stop to our 2020 International Congress we hope to be back in 2021 with a programme bigger and better than ever. We understand there is still some uncertainty surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic and the running of live events but we want to assure you that we are considering all eventualities and are planning for attendees and speakers to be able to participate virtually. We would like to thank you for your continued support of this event, and our aim to make it the most prestigious mental health event in the world.
If you would like to help us shape the programme, please submit your proposal by 13 November 2020.
- The committee would like to encourage proposals that present a diverse faculty including women, ethnic minority groups and patients and carers.
- The format of the Congress is still under consideration so all speakers must be prepared to present virtually
- The congress has a very limited budget for speaker expenses and so we may offer virtual presentation as an alternative to covering the costs of travel expenses for speakers outside of the UK.
- Each session and masterclass will be 75 minutes long. We expect three speakers and one chair per session and 2-3 speakers and one chair per masterclass
- Please ensure you have contacted all speakers to obtain their permission, prior to submitting your proposal
- Please do not submit poster abstracts. A separate call for poster submissions will be available in the new year
- To submit your proposal please login to our submission portal where you will be able to 'sign up' and create a username and password. Once you have set up your account please complete all fields of the submission form
- Please complete all sections of the submission form
- The form allows you to save your submission as a draft before submitting and up to the deadline. No changes will be possible after the deadline. If not submitted any drafts after the deadline will be deleted
- Have a look at the 2019 congress programme to get a better idea of the type of proposals the committee has included in the past
- Submissions must be submitted via the online portal. We will not be able to accept submissions by any other method
- Submissions must be received by the deadline, any submissions received after the deadline will not be considered
- After the deadline all submissions will be reviewed by the organising committee. Following this acceptance and scheduling information will be sent to the submission organiser
You will be able to submit your proposal under one of the following topic categories:
- New science
- Education & Training
- Clinical Practice
- Quality Improvement
- Policy & Media
- Leadership & Management
If you have any problems with your submission please get in touch
t: 020 8618 4144