Candidates accepted for rapid-fire will present in person, and any posters accepted will be displayed online and on screens at the venue.
Guide for authors
- Abstracts must be in English.
- Abbreviations may be used only if they are defined (spelled out in full text at first mention) followed by abbreviation in brackets.
- Please complete all sections below in relation to your abstract.
- The abstract in total must be no more than 400 words, including formulas but excluding subtitles.
- Please do not include any bibliographical references, tables, diagrams or appendices.
- Case Study If your submission is a case study please complete the boxes as below but treat the titles as the following: Aims = Background, Methods = Case Report, Results = Discussion, Conclusion = Conclusion
- Data If abstract does not follow the requested format, it will NOT be accepted. Please do not state ‘Data will be available’ as it will NOT get accepted. Limited data also means it is less likely to be accepted.
- The title of the abstract must be strictly coherent with the data included in the abstract and the conclusions must be warranted by information included in the results section.
- Authors are encouraged to state their hypotheses and frame their conclusions accordingly.
- For studies of service users, patients or populations, the number of people studied should be explicitly stated in the Methods section.
- Submissions are accepted on the understanding that the work has been performed with the permission of any relevant ethical or legislative body. The authors should therefore ensure the work was conducted with appropriate ethical and governance safeguards.
- All sources of financial sponsorship of the study should be stated at the end of the abstract.
- Outstanding candidates may be asked to make an oral poster presentation at the International Congress.
- If your abstract has been accepted then at least one of the named authors will need register and pay the Congress registration fee in full
- Only named authors are permitted to present
- The scientific committee reserves the rights to reject any submission
- Authors will be asked to select one category/topic: Research, Education and Training, Quality Improvement, Service Evaluation, Audit, Psychopharmacology or Case Study.
- Authors must indicate if this is a Student or Trainee submission.
If you have any problems with your submission please get in touch:
T: 020 8618 4120