Thursday 9 July 2020
This week we hosted the first of our two special free webinars to mark the College’s first ever South Asian History Month, which celebrates the contribution of members and trainees of South Asian heritage to psychiatry, who discussed their fascinating journeys as psychiatrists.
Introduced by Dr Sri Kalidindi, RCPsych Psychiatrist of the Year 2017-18, we heard from:
- Professor Dinesh Bhugra, Past President, Royal College of Psychiatrists
- Dr Pearl Hettiaratchy, past Vice-President, Royal College of Psychiatrists
- Dr Shahid Latif, Chair, Transcultural Special Interest Group
- Dr Abdul-Hameed Latifi, Psychiatrist, SAS Tutor and former chair, Association of Afghan Healthcare Professionals UK
- Dr Yugesh Rai, Trainee Psychiatrist
- Dr Russell Razzaque, Consultant Psychiatrist, and Director of Research and Development NELFT
A panel discussion was led by Dr Santosh Mudholkar, Associate Registrar for Member Engagement.