How can you get involved with ECTAS?

We usually have two kinds of roles for service users/patients and carers to work with us; becoming a peer reviewer, or sitting on one of our committees. If you want to work with us, you'll need to fill in an application form and we might ask you to come in for an informal interview.

Peer reviewers

You can apply to become a peer reviewer and visit ECT clinics in our network as part of their accreditation review. Check our ECTAS events page for upcoming training dates and get in touch if you'd like to be involved.


We don't currently have any vacancies for service users/patients or carers on our Accreditation Committee or Advisory Group. If we have any vacancies, we'll advertise them here so check back regularly.

Working with us

Have a look at our  How you can get involved with CCQI (College Centre for Quality Improvement) page to find out more about working with us, travel and expenses, and the support we can provide.

If you want to know more about ECT, please read the information about ECT leaflet published by the Royal College of Psychiatrists.

If you'd like to know whether your local clinic takes part in the ECT Accreditation Service (ECTAS), you can check our list of member clinics. If you live in Scotland, you should check the Scottish ECT Accreditation Network (SEAN) website

We can't advise you on ECT treatment however, so please ask your doctor or psychiatrist if you'd like to know about treatment options for you or a loved one.