Over 15 years, we developed 36 mental health guidelines, notably:
- The first ever NICE guideline (on schizophrenia)
- The first guideline on service user experience
- The first collaborative guideline with the Social Care Institute for Excellence (SCIE) on dementia.
Our guidelines have led to some important developments in the field of mental health. They have provided the evidence base that has supported:
- The National Service Framework
- The Improving Access to Psychological Therapies (IAPT) programme for depression and anxiety disorders.
Our guidelines have been recognised nationally and internationally:
- Our guideline on schizophrenia has been twice recognised by the World Health Organisation as being the best of any internationally available guideline on that topic.
- Many of our information booklets for service users and carers have been highly commended by the BMA in their patient information awards.
Our guidelines have been translated and adopted/adapted by other healthcare systems, including in Italy, Australia and Slovenia.
See list of NICE guidelines developed by us.