One day event
|Location||RCPsych, 21 Prescot Street, London|
|CPD||Up to six CPD hours per day, subject to peer group approval|
Location: RCPsych, 21 Prescot Street, London
This is a training day to help psychiatrists consider how they manage diversity in their clinical communication.
What are the educational objectives of this course?
- Evaluate your own attitudes and perceptions (including personal biases) of different groups within society and how these might influence the consultation process
- Reflect on the relevance of diversity in health and delivery of services
- Identify factors related to diversity and the ways in which they may influence the consultation process
- Critically evaluate a range of communication and consultation styles
- Identify your own strengths and limitations regarding communication and consultation
- Devise an action plan which details the strategies and steps you will take to improve your communication and consultation skills and how you will demonstrate the changes