One day course
|Location||RCPsych, 21 Prescot Street, London, United Kingdom, E1 8BB|
|Speakers||Dr Michael Hobkirk|
|CPD||One CPD point per hour, subject to peer group approval|
|CT1-3 and ST4-6||£120|
This course is for trainees/new consultants in psychiatry.
It is tailored specifically for psychiatry and provides valuable preparation for consultant/SAS interviews.
You'll get an introduction to the topic of leadership as it relates to trainees and new consultant psychiatrists.
This course will help you to prepare for consultant/SAS interviews.
The trainer aims to make the day energising, interactive and encourages self-reflection (e.g. how to apply learning to your own circumstances). You'll be encouraged to ask questions and to contribute to group discussions.
The course is evidence based, comprehensive, practical and up to date.
No prior knowledge or experience of leadership and/or management needed.
- What is leadership and management?
- What makes an effective leader?
- Formal and informal leadership roles in mental healthcare
- "Quality" and "participation" in mental healthcare
- Overview of key leadership documents and institutions
- How the NHS works
- How to manage your time more effectively
- How to coach yourself and others
- How to develop services
- Learning leadership in clinics and on the ward
- How to be involved in service improvement projects
The full course programme (pdf) is now available to download.
"Dr Michael Hobkirk is an excellent speaker and trainer. This workshop was the most useful training that I attended on leadership and management."
"Excellent! Such comprehensive information presented in a concise manner to a big audience. All relevant topics for interviews covered."
"Good course, value for money."
The event will take place at the Royal College of Psychiatrists, 21 Prescot Street, London E1 8BB.
You can view directions and a map to help you plan your journey.
The Citymapper website/app can help you plan your route within London, giving the best walking, cycling, bus and tube routes available. Use postcode E1 8BB as your destination.
Please note that you'll need to make your own accommodation arrangements for this event. There are many hotels to suit a range of budgets a short walk or bus journey from the College. Here are the best ways to find them:
- Use our interactive Hotel map to find live pricing and availability information
- Use the Visit London accommodation search function
- View a list of local hotels put together by the CALC team
Make the most of your time in London - here are a few ways to find the best food, drink, activities and attractions in the Capital: