|Location||Marriott Hotel, Birmingham|
Location: Marriott Hotel, Birmingham
The programme is now available to view online
Pre-course reading material will be sent electronically so please ensure your email address is up-to-date.
- To have a broad understanding of the provisions contained in Part 2 MHA relevant to the initial detention of a patient under s 2, 3 and 4.
- Be able to describe the role of a s12 (2) doctor and that of others when undertaking a MHA assessment.
- Understand the meaning of, and be able to refer to, the criteria for detention under part 2 when making a medical recommendation.
- Be able to describe the guidance contained in the Code of Practice relevant to the role and responsibilities of a s12 (2) doctor when undertaking a MHA assessment.
- To use knowledge of the impact that an assessment may have on patients and their carers to inform the approach to an assessment.
- Be able to complete the statutory forms lawfully.
A two-day course suitable for anyone who is applying for Section 12(2) approval. This course is not suitable for anyone seeking Approved Clinician status.