Watch live from 4-5pm or on demand
|Timings||Watch live from 4-5pm or on demand|
|CPD||1 point, subject to peer group approval|
Location: Online event
President of the Royal College of Psychiatrists Dr Adrian James will chair this discussion on understanding the COVID-19 vaccination strategy. This webinar aims to help psychiatrists and other frontline healthcare workers understand some of the thinking behind the vaccine roll-out and the key issues to consider when offering the vaccine to those with a severe mental illness, intellectual disability and/or dementia.
This will be an opportunity to hear from Dr Jonathan Leach OBE, NHS Medical Director for COVID-19 Immunisation, for an overview of the vaccination programme.
Alex Ruck Keene, Barrister at 39 Essex Chambers, who is an expert in mental capacity and mental health law will give an insight into how decisions should be made about the administering of vaccines.
Dr Mani Krishnan of the Faculty of Old Age Psychiatry, Dr Ken Courtenay of the Faculty of Psychiatry of Intellectual Disability and Consultant Forensic Psychiatrist Dr Victoria Sullivan will highlight some of the ways capacity to consent has been addressed with their patients.
Each of the speakers will do a short presentation on their area of expertise and this will be followed by a Q+A from the audience.
- Dr Adrian James - President of Royal College of Psychiatrists
- Dr Jonathan Leach OBE - NHS England Medical Director for COVID-19 Immunisation
- Mr Alex Ruck Keene - Barrister and Visiting Senior Lecturer at King’s College London
- Dr Mani Krishnan - Chair of the Faculty of Old Age Psychiatry at the Royal College of Psychiatrists
- Dr Ken Courtenay - Chair of the Faculty of the Psychiatry of Intellectual Disability
- Dr Victoria Sullivan - Consultant Forensic Psychiatrist
Questions can either be submitted live in the webinar using the Q&A function, or you can email them in advance to firstname.lastname@example.org