Join us at 4-5pm or watch on demand later
|Timings||Join us 4-5.00pm or watch on demand|
|CPD||1 point, subject to peer group approval|
Inspiring the next generation to become great leaders: The experiences of consultant psychiatrists from the South Asian diaspora
Following the South Asian History Month, this webinar aims to inspire South Asian psychiatrists from a range of backgrounds to consider and complete psychiatric training, and become consultants and future medical leaders.
We will hear the experiences of three consultant psychiatrists and leaders, focussing on:
- Life in a multicultural society: growing up, living and working in inner city Birmingham. This will include a journey from humble beginnings to working in a multicultural community, which has a variety of needs.
- From Kashmir to the United Kingdom- training and working through different cultures. Discussion around training in psychiatry and work culture in different continents.
- A personal journey from being a medical student in Govt. Medical College Srinagar to a Medical Director at KMPT.
- Dr Hassan Mahmood: Life in a multicultural society: growing up, living and working in inner city Birmingham.
- Dr Afifa Qazi: My journey so far; from a Medical student to a Medical Director.
- Dr Mudasir Firdosi: From Kashmir to the United Kingdom- training and working through different cultures.
Chair: Venu Branch, Director, Community Links, and Deputy Chair, Kent and Medway NHS and Social Care Partnership Trust.