Watch Live or On Demand
|CPD||Up to 6 CPD points, subject to peer group approval|
|Consultant/Regular Member Fee||£75|
|Higher Trainee/SAS Fee||£55|
|Retired/Subsidised/Core Trainee/FY Doctor/Med Student Fee||£35|
Title: Complex Trauma in Refugees and Asylum Seekers: Definitions and Management.
Aim: To introduce participants to the concept of Complex Trauma in a population of refugees and asylum seekers.
Learning objectives: By the end of this study day participants will be able to:
- Define complex trauma, including complex PTSD as a diagnostic category, and how this applies to refugees and asylum seekers.
- Recognise the factors that influence refugees’ and asylum seekers’ access to health and social care
- Consider treatment plans for patients with complex trauma using treatment guidelines.
- Engage with patients in an outpatient setting using some tools and strategies for this population.
Who is the course aimed at?
Multidisciplinary. This study day would benefit professionals working with refugees and asylum seekers, social workers, mental heath nurses, GPs, Foundation trainees, psychiatry trainees and psychiatrists.
The event will take place online using Zoom as a webinar. Participants will be able view a video of the speaker alongside any slides. Participants can also pose questions, where the programme allows, and some speakers may use polling or other interactive features.
All registered attendees will have access to a recording for up to two months after the event.
The webinar is taking place online via Zoom. To take part you will need:
- Access to a reliable internet connection
- A PC, laptop, tablet or phone
- Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge browser or Zoom installed on your PC, laptop, tablet or phone
- You do not need to have a Zoom account to attend.
Some users may experience difficulty joining Zoom meetings due to security settings. If this is the case, we suggest you select the option to join via a web browser, rather than the Zoom app. If you cannot join on your computer you can still join on your phone. Please take a look at this helpful guide on how to join a Zoom meeting.
It is your responsibility to ensure you have read and understood the guidelines before the event.