- Chair: Dr Sandip Deshpande (India)
- Vice Chair: Dr Divya Ganesh Nallur (India)
- Financial Officer: Dr Ashlesha Bagadia (India)
Our International Unit at the College offices in London provides overall administrative support to the South Asian division, you can contact Elen Cook for more information.
Bursary for Psychiatry trainee from the South Asian Division to attend the Royal College International Congress 2019
A bursary to enable a psychiatry trainee from the South Asian Division to attend the Royal College International Congress 2019 at London (1st – 4th July 2019) to give an oral or poster presentation or deliver a workshop. The bursary is up to a maximum of £1,000 as well as registration to the Congress.
Who can enter
A psychiatry trainee from the South Asian Division (Bangladesh, Bhutan, Democratic Republic of Korea, India, Indonesia, Maldives, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Timor-Leste)
- Must be a Trainee in Psychiatry (either a Junior Resident /Core Training or a Higher Specialist Trainee/Senior Resident)
- Must have submitted a proposal for an oral or poster presentation, or to deliver a workshop at the Royal College International Congress 2019 at London
- Submit a copy of your abstract, a brief CV and a letter from the head of the training department
- A decision-making panel of our Division will make the award against an agreed set of criteria
- The successful candidate will be required to submit an article giving their feedback on the congress and their plans for disseminating their learning in their home country. If appropriate, the article (or extracts thereof) will be published in our newsletter.
We reserve the right not to award the bursary if applications received are not of a sufficient standard.
How to enter
Please email your abstract by 31st March 2019 to email@example.com
Joint conference with PARC: Mentalisation Based Treatment with Professor Anthony Bateman
- When: 30 August - 1 September 2019
- Where: Bangalore
- RSVP: firstname.lastname@example.org
‣ Scholarship available for limited candidates on successful application
This 3 day basic course will give clinicians a unique opportunity to learn from the eminent professor himself. It will include didactic seminars, videos and small group experiential learning. Suitable for all mental health clinicians, including trainees.