EU settled status

EU nationals living in the UK need to apply for EU settled status by 30 June to avoid having to pay for non-urgent NHS care.

Concerns have been raised by RCPsych members and others that patients and even some doctors may not realise they have to apply, because they’ve lived in the UK for a long time.

Some people in this position will be able to seek help by phone or online from the Home Office, from the charity Settled, or from another advice organisation.

But others will not manage unless they involve their carer.

Unless they get the right advice and make a successful application for settled status they could lose access to healthcare and even their home.

Members are encouraged to share the following contacts with their patients and carers who they have contacts with.

Useful contacts for advice

Read more to receive further information regarding a career in psychiatry