- Salary : Voluntary role
- Closing date : 30/09/2022
About the role
BJPsych Advances is looking for two enthusiastic Trainee Editors (ST4/ST5 or equivalent) to join its Editorial Board. Trainee Editors undertake a variety of tasks for the journal and responsibilities will include:
- reviewing multiple choice questions (MCQs) and learning objectives associated with BJPsych Advances articles and re-writing if necessary (approximately 25 reviews per year)
- providing second opinions on submissions (e.g., where reviews are incomplete, or rejection of a commissioned article has been recommended)
- conducting gap analyses to identify new areas for commissioning
- learning how to handle manuscripts through the peer review process with supervision and mentoring
- commissioning submissions for the journal, identifying topics and seeing them through to publication
- producing podcasts and other digital content for the journal
- undertaking additional duties such as journal development projects – all ideas welcome!
- input into journal development and strategy.
How to apply
To apply please send a CV and covering letter for the attention of Anna Munks, Managing Editor, to: email@example.com. In your letter, please outline any relevant experience, your reasons for applying and include details of any projects you would be interested to undertake in the role.
Closing date: 30 September 2022
Interview date: To be confirmed, via Microsoft Teams/Zoom
The College values a diverse and inclusive workforce and welcomes applications from all sections of the community, reflecting the population it serves.
Download the full job description below: