- Salary : Voluntary role
- Closing date : 30/04/2021
- Interview date : 05/05/2021
Can you inspire and engage psychiatry trainees?
The BJPsych Bulletin is looking for an enthusiastic editor to run and champion Praxis, the journal’s section for trainees. The section has gone from strength to strength under the leadership of the current editor who is stepping down at the end of their term, while remaining on the Editorial Board.
About the role
- The role requires a proactive person with a vision, and involves commissioning articles, reviewing proposals, identifying reviewers and making decisions on papers.
- Support is available from the Publishing Team.
- We anticipate that a session a week will be required.
- The role would suit particularly well a higher trainee with a full special interest day to devote to it, but all applications will be considered, including job-share.
- The Trainees’ Section editor will support the journal by becoming a member of the Editorial Board. They will be responsible for the trainees’ section and will report to the Editor of BJPsych Bulletin, who has the final say over all content in the journal.
How to apply
Please email to BJPBulletin@rcpsych.ac.uk a 2-page CV, and covering letter addressed to the BJPsych Bulletin Editor, Dr Norman Poole. Please explain in the covering letter why you are applying for the post and how you would handle Praxis.
30 April 2021
We are aiming to interview shortlisted candidates virtually on 5 May 2021 in the afternoon.