- Status : Average 1 PA per week, Five-year term
- Salary : Voluntary role
- Closing date : 17/01/2022
- Interview date : 01/02/2022
Overview of the role
The MRCPsych Written Papers Standard Setting Panel Chair is responsible for all aspects of the MRCPsych Written Papers Standard Setting of questions for approval by the Examinations Sub-Committee.
- Review the statistical performance of all questions in the written papers and identify those which perform poorly to the ESC for consideration.
- Ensure the examinations are consistent with other assessment methods used in training and assessment of psychiatrists and other doctors.
- Chairing the MRCPsych Written Paper Standard Setting Panel – four meetings per year.
- Attendance at the ESC – Five meetings per year and not less than three.
- Prepare question running order for the MRCPsych Written Papers Standard Setting Examination.
- Working with the Head of Examinations and Psychometric Analyst
- Answering queries related to the MRCPsych Written Examinations.
How to apply (including contact person for questions)
If you would like to be considered for this post, please submit a CV and a covering letter demonstrating experience (one A4 side) to Examinations@rcpsych.ac.uk.
For any queries, please do not hesitate to contact the examinations unit at Examinations@rcpsych.ac.uk.
Please see the full job description for this role below.
Closing date: Monday 17 January 2022
Interview date: The afternoon of Tuesday 1 February 2022
The College values a diverse and inclusive workforce and welcomes applications from all sections of the community, reflecting the population it serves.