- Status : 5-year term | Up to 2 days per month
- Salary : Voluntary role
- Closing date : 23/04/2021
Overview of the role
A vacancy has arisen for the Chair of the Specialty Doctors’ Committee to lead the work carried out to support Specialty Doctors’ and Associate Specialists. The successful candidate will be expected to take up post in June 2021. Arrangements will be made in advance to enable the successful candidate to receive a handover from the present incumbent.
The post is voluntary and the appointee should expect, with the agreement of their employer, to spend up to 2 days per month in the role.
The post will appeal to Associate Specialist or Specialty Doctors in any specialty who have an interest in this area with excellent leadership skills and have a commitment to supporting the important contribution made by Specialty Doctors’ and Associate Specialists to the workforce.
College Members or Affiliates who would like to be considered for this post should submit a short CV and statement expressing interest and demonstrating experience (one A4 side) together with a letter of support from the medical director to the Registrar, Dr Trudi Seneviratne via firstname.lastname@example.org.
- to support Specialty Doctors and Associate Specialists, both those with MRCPsych and those in the Affiliate grade
- to lead on a programme to recruit College Affiliates
- to develop local structures for support and mentoring
- to build links, via Divisional structures, with Trust SAS tutors
- in conjunction with the College Centre for Advanced Learning and Conferences, and with College Divisions, encourage the development of training courses and events for Specialty Doctors and Associate Specialists
- to work with College colleagues to highlight the issues of revalidation needs and of leadership roles for Specialty Doctors and Associate Specialists
- to provide input to other College committees, including the College Workforce Committee and Equivalence Committee
- to liaise as necessary with external organisations such as the Academy of Medical Royal Colleges’ SAS committee and the British Medical Association, in furtherance of educational opportunities and career support for this group of doctors.
How to apply
If you would like to be considered for this post, please submit a CV and a covering letter demonstrating experience (one A4 side) to email@example.com
For any queries, please do not hesitate to contact James Compagnone, Workforce Manager via the email address above.
Please see the full JD below for this role.
Closing date: 23 April 2021
Interview date: Between 9am and 12:30pm 6 May 2021 via Microsoft Teams/Zoom
Interviews are likely to be around 30 minutes and it is unlikely that we would be able to offer an alternative date.The College values a diverse and inclusive workforce and welcomes applications from all sections of the community, reflecting the population it serves.