- Location : London
- Status : 3 year term to (July 2021 - July 2024)
- Salary : Voluntary / unpaid
- Closing date : 14/06/2021
- Interview date : 07/07/2021
Overview of the role
To lead the College’s Public Mental Health Implementation Centre (PMHIC), in delivering its aims:
- Work towards public mental health being an intrinsic part of psychiatry, and to support College members in developing their knowledge and understanding of public mental health. It aims to do this by building awareness of public mental health issues, as well as the provision of training, education, and evidence, to try and reduce the implementation gap.
- To provide high-quality evidence, advice, and recommendations on public mental health to the government, and other policy-making bodies at both local and national levels
- To provide strategic leadership for the College’s PMHIC, working with the Director of the NCCMH.
- To Chair and manage the College's Public Mental Health advisory board, which will provide oversight of the PMHIC and to develop and lead its work programme for public mental health, e.g. in curriculum development, primary prevention and increasing awareness of public mental health.
- To work with other parts of the College as to achieve the agreed objectives, including in the devolved nations.
- To further develop and maintain relationships with, influence and work with external bodies, in particular the UK Faculty of Public Health, the Royal Society of Public Health, with Public Health England and with relevant Government departments in England to achieve the College's public mental health objectives.
- To lead, with the support of the PMIIC, on responding to relevant consultations and calls for evidence in the area of public mental health. Horizon scanning of current and emerging areas within the field.
- To oversee several briefings as proposed by the advisory group and published NCCMH with the aim to the publish reports and outcomes of the centre.
- To represent the College internally and externally as an authority on the specific area of work undertaken, including membership of national and local committees and engagement with local government and directors of public health and mental health champions.
- To attend relevant meetings and events on behalf of the Registrar and the President.
- Working towards enabling the PMHIC to become income generating.
- Develop a training programme targeted at both psychiatrists and experts within the field.
How to apply
If you would like to be considered for this post, please submit a CV and a covering letter demonstrating experience (one A4 side) to Joanna.Popis@rcpsych.ac.uk.
For any queries, please do not hesitate to contact Tom Ayers, Director of National Collaborating Centre for Mental Health (NCCMH), Tom.Ayers@rcpsych.ac.uk.
Please see the full job description for this role.
Closing date: 14th June 2021
Interview date: 7th July 2021 (am only) via Microsoft Teams
The College values a diverse and inclusive workforce and welcomes applications from all sections of the community, reflecting the population it serves.