- Status : Approximately 1/2 sessions per week, which can be taken flexibly
- Salary : Voluntary
- Closing date : 12/05/2021
- Interview date : 26/05/2021
Overview of the role
The Royal College of Psychiatrists is seeking to appoint 2 members to the CPD Online Board.
This is a very exciting time to help shape the future of eLearning at the RCPsych as not only has the demand for eLearning risen but we are currently replatforming the current eLearning sites: CPD Online and Trainees Online, moving to a new learning management system (LMS) and at the same time bringing subscription management in-house via a new eCommerce engine.
Board members are integral in supporting the Editor and Deputy Editor. Duties will include:
- Contribute ideas for commissions – making suggestions for both subject matter and potential authors
- Make initial approaches to potential contributors as necessary
- Contribute to decisions on free module content
- Provide second opinions on papers (e.g., where reviews are incomplete, or rejection of a commissioned article has been recommended)
- Help identify suitable reviewers
- Peer review modules for CPDO, if appropriate.
You will also be expected to attend and actively participate in the Advisory Boards which meet three times a year.
About CPD Online
CPD Online (CPDO) was launched in 2006, and now hosts more than 200 interactive learning modules and 100 podcast modules. The content is aimed primarily at consultant-level psychiatrists and aims to serve the CPD needs of College members. CPD Online is widely distributed among individual and institutional users in the UK, along with many more in Australia and New Zealand, as well as The Netherlands.
How to apply
If you would like to be considered for this post, please submit a CV and a statement (one A4 side) expressing interest and demonstrating experience to the Editor, Dr David Reiss, via email to: email@example.com
For any queries, please do not hesitate to contact Karla Pryce, Head of eLearning.
Further information can the role be found in the job description below.
Closing date: 12 May 2021 , 5pm
Interview date: 26 May 2021 via Microsoft Teams/Zoom
The College values a diverse workforce and welcomes applications from all sections of the community, reflecting the population it serves.
We particularly welcome applications from members who would be keen to lead on equality matters related to CPD Online.