- Location : London
- Status : Permanent contract
- Salary : £52,917 - £58,684 per annum
- Closing date : 29/11/2021
- Interview date : 13/12/2021
This is an exciting opportunity to join the RCPsych IT team as the IT Infrastructure and Service Manager, ensuring that the IT infrastructure across the College is optimised and secure and that the users of College IT services are properly supported.
To do this you will manage external suppliers and you will lead the Service Desk team, providing guidance and an escalation point for the team for technical and policy issues.
As well as maintaining business as usual, you will play an important role in the design and delivery of improvements to the systems being managed, ensuring they continually evolve to meet the requirements of the College.
- Leading and managing the IT support team in performance and priorities, including objective setting and performance feedback
- Providing knowledge & expertise in the College M365, Azure, and other environments
- Maintaining the configuration of end-user devices using tools such as InTune and Windows defender
- Ensure the College’s Meraki wired and WiFi LAN environments are properly managed
- Being the senior technical escalation point and SME for core infrastructure environments such as M365 services, Intune and Meraki
- Managing datacentre, service and support providers
- Working closely with the rest of the IT Management to ensure the IT infrastructure remains secure and aligned with the requirements of the College
- Communicating IT policies to all users, and dealing with any incidents
- Ensure all IT issues are logged and correctly allocated
- Providing advice to users on systems functionality, applications and appropriate use
- Managing and maintaining backup server and systems, ensuring backups are regularly tested and stored securely
- Running regular helpdesk reports and using these to optimise the service delivered
- Having a key role in IT projects impacting
Skills, knowledge and experience
- Strong understanding of Windows and mobile endpoints and of the use of InTune, MFA, Defender and Cloud App Security in their management, with particular emphasis on efficiency of deployment, security, and policy standardisation
- Sound network understanding at layer 2 and 3 to support the Meraki wired and WiFi networks
- Experience of managing a M365 tenant
- Experience of public cloud, ideally Azure PaaS and IaaS including AAD, Azure Storage and Azure Compute
- Experience of managing external providers of IT services and cloud environments such as Azure
- Experience of line management and team leadership
- Ability to explain complex technical issues in a way that non-technical stakeholders can understand
- Experience of successful IT project management
Please note there will be two rounds of shortlisting. There will be an initial shortlist after the closing date (Monday 29 November 2021) where all successful shortlisted candidates will have to complete a work-related task and then after this there will be a further stage of shortlisting for the interview stage.
The successful candidates will be required to undertake a Disclosure Barring Service check.
The Royal College of Psychiatrists is the professional membership body for psychiatrists and promotes excellent care for people with mental illness. It has 19,000 members and engages with the government and the media as the leading voice of the UK’s mental health services. The College is a values-based organisation and, in 2019, was named Charity of the Year in the European Diversity Awards.
The College values a diverse workforce and welcomes applications from all sections of the community, reflecting the population it serves.
We are committed to building and maintaining an inclusive and supportive culture, a place where we can all be ourselves and succeed on merit. We aim to promote a more inclusive environment, which attracts all candidates and signals our commitment to celebrate and promote diversity.
We will consider putting into place appropriate reasonable adjustments for candidates who may have a disability.
We only recruit the best and in return for your commitment, the College offers an attractive salary and benefits.
For any queries, please email HRrecruitment@rcpsych.ac.uk.
How to apply
For more information and instructions on how to apply, please download the following documents:
We welcome applications from all sectors of the community.
Closing date: Monday 29 November 2021 at 10am
Interview date: Monday 13 December 2021 - via Microsoft Teams
The College is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Charity registration no. 228636
No agencies or publications please.