- Status : 3-year term (July 2023 – July 2026)
- Salary : Voluntary role
- Closing date : 03/05/2023
- Interview date : 09/05/2023
The successful candidate will:
- provide advice to College officers and the College’s International team within Professional Standards on any matters relating to the implementation of the global mental health strategy
- work with the Chief Executive and the College’s International team to support and engage with international members and International Divisions
- build networks and partnerships with international healthcare providers, organisations, governments, and healthcare professionals
- support the delivery of the international element of the College’s commercial strategy
- liaise and advise College officers and representatives on matters relating to the International matters
- attend meetings of the IAC (3 meetings a year) and deputize as Chair if the President is unavailable
- work with College Officers and staff to ensure the delivery of the College’s emergency response plan(s), as required
- represent the RCPsych on international committees, and to represent the President and the College and international events, when appropriate.
About the College
The Royal College of Psychiatrists is the professional membership body for psychiatrists and promotes excellent care for people with mental illness.
It has over 20,000 members and engages with government and the media as the leading voice of the UK’s mental health services. The College is a values-based organisation and this has been reflected in a number of awards including being named Charity of the Year in the European Diversity Awards in 2019 and a Gold Award by Stonewall in 2023 for creating an LGBTQ+ inclusive workplace.
How to apply
If you would like to be considered for this post, please submit a CV and a covering letter demonstrating experience (one A4 side) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For any queries, please do not hesitate to contact Elen Cook, Head of International, Devolved Nations and Divisions.
Please see the full JD for this role below.
Closing date: 3 May 2023
Interview date: 9 May 2023 via Microsoft Teams
Interviews are likely to be around 30 minutes and it is unlikely that we would be able to offer an alternative date.
The College values a diverse and inclusive workforce and welcomes applications from all sections of the community, reflecting the population it serves.