- Location : Mostly virtual, but see full job description
- Status : Two-year term
- Salary : Renumerated at 0.25PA
Purpose of the role
To provide psychiatric supervision, support and advice to an allocated Foundation Fellow throughout their two-year Foundation rotation. The mentor will support them develop an interest in psychological aspects of medicine and provide career advice. It is likely that many of these Fellows will ultimately wish to pursue a career in psychiatry.
Mentors and Fellows will be matched based on geographical proximity to the Fellows’ F1 and/or F2 placement and their preferred specialty where possible.
An induction day for mentors and Fellows will be held virtually on Wednesday 14 September 2022 at 2-4pm.
- Meeting with the Foundation Fellow on a weekly/fortnightly basis for the two-year duration of their Foundation rotation
- Providing psychiatric supervision focussed on exploring the psychiatric/psychological aspects of their work in both physical and mental health settings
- Arranging for the Fellow to attend a local Balint group and facilitate their attendance through negotiation and liaison with DMEs and TPDs
- Providing broader support and advice regarding career development, involvement in quality improvement and attendance at educational events
- As required, participating in the College’s Foundation National Working Group in providing support and advice for the wider group of Foundation trainees who are interested in a career in psychiatry
- Working with local DMEs and Foundation TPDs to promote and raise the profile of psychiatry in Foundation training
- Attending the Psychiatry Foundation Fellowship Mentor and Fellows Induction Day in August or September 2022.
- Providing advice and approval of Fellows use of CPD fund
- Attending other key College events as required.
For more information, please read the full job description below: