- Salary : Voluntary role
- Closing date : 18/12/2020
We are looking for a keen trainee to advise and support the RCPsych Books Editor, who has responsibility for the content of the College’s book list. RCPsych Books Trainee Editor will work with the Publishing Team and Cambridge University Press to create digital content and support the Book’s portfolio using social media.
Projects might include creating and promoting podcasts, author Q&As, blogs etc. Ideas for new content are welcome.
About the RCPsych Books Committee
The College publishes a successful list of books in collaboration with Cambridge University Press (CUP); CUP handle the project management, production, marketing and sales, while the College is responsible for the editorial content. The books are aimed primarily at psychiatrists, but many also address a wider range of professionals involved in mental health, and a few are aimed at the general public.
We expect that you will:
- Review book proposals.
- Help identify suitable reviewers for book manuscripts.
- Advise on the appropriate responses to assessments.
- Advise on the strategic development of the list, exercising sound judgement on both the potential usefulness of titles to members and the commercial viability of proposals.
- Help generate suggestions for new titles and potential authors or editors.
- Help as required in approaching potential authors and editors.
- Advocate for and support the promotion of published titles.
- Help review existing titles in print to determine whether they should be declared out of print or new editions commissioned.
- Agree alongside the committee on prize winners for the RCPsych Publishing Awards
- Collaborate and support digital content and social media promotion of RCPsych Books
Approximately 3-4 meetings (usually two hours per meeting) p.a. in person or online, along with a small amount of additional work between meetings over email (approximately 2 hours per month). On an ad hoc basis additional time might be needed to support in digital content e.g. podcasts or videos.
How to apply
To apply for the position of RCPsych Books Committee Trainee Editor, please submit a CV and covering letter to email@example.com. Please outline any relevant experience and your reasons for applying.