- Location : London
- Status : 6-Month Fixed Term
- Salary : Secondment
- Closing date : 16/06/2023
- Interview date : 28/06/2023
The College is seeking to recruit a Clinical Fellow to undertake a project to review and update learning resources on psychiatry aimed at Foundation level doctors and their supervisors.
- 50% of Foundation trainees do not receive a placement in psychiatry, meaning that they have reduced opportunities to achieve mental health competencies within the curriculum and to gain core psychiatric skills and knowledge.
- To address this the College aims to produce educational support resources for both foundation trainees and their supervisors.
- This fellow would coordinate the production of these resources, collaborating with the Specialist Advisor for the Foundation programme, volunteer reviewers, experts and patients to ensure consistency and quality of resources produced.
Overview of project:
- Collaborate with the Specialist Advisor for the Foundation Programme, the Foundation Network and other key stakeholders to identify opportunities to support psychiatric education in the Foundation Programme.
- Manage the project delivering revised modules to the e-Learning for Health platform.
- To coordinate the project to review and replace (as needed) psychiatry modules on the e Learning for Health platform (8 modules)
- Collaborate with patient and trainee contributors and to liaise with topic experts to ensure consistency and quality of modules produced
- Provide regular updates on project progress to relevant College committees and working groups
- With the Specialist Advisor for the Foundation Programme, to identify areas where the College can support psychiatry education at the foundation level.
- To promote and uphold the College values of Courage, Innovation, Respect, Collaboration, Learning and Excellence.
How to apply
If you would like to be considered for this post, please submit a CV and a covering letter demonstrating experience (one A4 side) to HRrecruitment@rcpsych.ac.uk
Please see the full job description for this role in the Candidate Information Pack.
We welcome applications from all sectors of the community.
Closing date: Friday 16 June 2023 @ 10am
Interview date: Wednesday 28 June 2023 via Microsoft Teams
The College is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Charity registration no. 228636
The College is a proud member of the Disability confident employer scheme. A Disability Confident employer will offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria (essential) for the job as defined by the employer. Please see the candidate information pack for more information.
No agencies or publications please.