To celebrate Black History Month we’re hosting a special extended webinar this afternoon 4.30-6pm.
During the webinar we will hear from four speakers who will share their journeys as psychiatrists and their hopes for the future.
- Chair: Tim Ojo, Associate Registrar for Policy Support
- Femi Oyebode, RCPsych Lifetime Achievement Award Winner 2016
- Mosun Fapohunda, Consultant Psychiatrist, founding member of ABP-UK Association of Black Psychiatrists UK and member of Black Women in Health
- Aggrey Burke, Consultant Psychiatrist, COPE Mental Health Foundation, Birmingham and Patron, ACCI, Wolverhampton.
- Altha Stewart, former President of the APA
This will be followed by a Q&A session chaired by Lade Smith, Presidential Lead for Race Equality.
Catch up with the blogs and interviews
Members and budding psychiatrists have lent their voices to our celebration of Black History Month this October – see what they have been saying.
During the month we have also celebrated the launch of the Association for Black Psychiatrists, and held an event Careers in Psychiatry: Celebrating Black Psychiatrists, which included talks from psychiatrists at different stages of their career.
Back to October 2020 eNewsletter.