"10% of children and young people (aged 5 - 16 years) have a clinically diagnosable mental health problem, yet 70% of children and adolescents who experience mental health problems have not had appropriate interventions at a sufficiently early age."
(Children's Society, 2008)
About our mental health packs
Our mental health packs are written by psychiatrists for young people. Each pack contains a set of individual factsheets about mental health conditions which are prevalent among young people.
You can use them to support mental health care in your school or college.
Our packs cover the following areas:
- An explanation of the condition/disorder
- Effects it can have
- How it is treated
- What you can do
- Case studies
- How to get help
- Related organisations and contact details to talk to someone
They're written in plain English, checked by young people to make sure they're easy to understand, and those containing medical information are certified by The Information Standard.
The mental health packs for schools include 14 factsheets:
- Bipolar disorder
- Cannabis and mental health
- Coping with stress
- Drugs and alcohol
- Exercise and mental health
- When bad things happen
- Worries and anxieties
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Depression in children and young adults
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- When a parent has a mental illness
- Worries about weight and eating problems
Place an order of our new mental health packs for schools
For information about pricing, postage and more please contact email@example.com.