Eight reasons to exhibit at IC 2020
25 September, 2019
The RCPsych International Congress has become one of the most prestigious mental health events in the world.
Growing in size each year, the 2019 event was the largest ever RCPsych Congress, attended by over 3,400 psychiatrists and mental healthcare professionals from around the UK and abroad.
But it’s not just our delegate numbers that are growing. The IC Exhibition has nearly tripled in size since 2017 and, with 61 organisations exhibiting at the event in 2019, has become the go-to event for organisations in the industry.
The exhibition hall is a hive of activity throughout the Congress week, with exhibitors and delegates mingling, networking and getting the latest updates from the industry. It’s a place for socialising, business meetings and lots of freebies! It’s also where the all-important conference catering takes place.
So why exhibit?
Here are eight reasons why your organisation might benefit from exhibiting at IC 2020.
- In Edinburgh next year, more than 2,500 individuals will convene for four days. Where else in the UK would you have the opportunity to meet with this number of psychiatrists and mental healthcare professionals in one place?
- Advertise your product or service to a targeted audience – these are the decision-makers you need to meet and show what your organisation has to offer.
- Recruiters unite! Many organisations attend the IC to recruit psychiatrists – so if you are a recruitment agency, hospital, NHS Trust or private clinic, it could be the place for you.
- Marketing through email and on social media has its place, but you can’t beat face-to-face interactions. The IC is the perfect opportunity to meet with new customers and clients.
- It’s not just about the new connections – it’s the perfect opportunity to catch up with your current clients and arrange those all-important business meetings.
- Network within the industry – catch up with colleagues and competitors alike and keep an eye on what other leaders in the industry are up to!
- Trusts, trusts and more trusts! The IC has seen a boom in the number of NHS Trusts exhibiting with us, with numbers increasing by 89% from 2018. Meet with individuals from elsewhere in the UK and tell them why your region is the perfect place to live and work – and fill those vacancies.
It’s all in the numbers
70% of the organisations that exhibited in 2018 returned to exhibit with us again in 2019 – and just under 90% of survey respondents in 2019 said they were ‘happy’ or ‘very happy’ that their aims in exhibiting had been met.
In addition, 86% responded ‘yes’ or ‘maybe’ when asked if they were likely to exhibit in 2020. The remaining 14% were not the decision-maker. But you don’t have to take our word for it – feedback from our exhibitors says it all:
“It was a great event, we really enjoyed it and has so many good conversations with really engaged psychiatrists which was fantastic”
“Really good engagement from delegates - Keep it up!”
“Thanks for an amazing event!”
“We've met and spoken to a lot of doctors with some good leads in the pipeline.”
“a very well organised event”
“Thank you! Great event!”
“a good opportunity to meet with new/existing customers”
“Met a number of key customers at the event from all around the UK”
“the conference was a great experience and all staff from RCPsych were extremely helpful and professional.”
“Great hospitality, exhibitors well taken care of during event.”
Exhibition bookings are now open, so if your organisation or Trust would like to join us in Edinburgh next summer, please do get in touch by contacting Isabel.Brinsden@rcpsych.ac.uk. We’d love to hear from you!