Why you should present your work at RCPsych’s Virtual International Congress
04 March, 2021
2020 was a year like no other and the COVID-19 Pandemic forced us to live and work in new ways. In such extraordinary times, it is more important than ever to share innovation and best practice with colleagues from around the World. As with every year, we give attendees the opportunity to submit their poster abstracts for our annual International Congress, but this year there are more opportunities to share your work than ever before.
For the entirely virtual International Congress 2021, more presenters than ever before will have the chance to present their work in rapid fire poster sessions. In addition, all posters will be online in the form of a virtual e-poster which can be shared with colleagues outside of Congress. For the first time, we will also be publishing the original abstracts of the Posters presented in a special online supplement of BJPsych Open.
Abstract submissions are now open but be quick, the deadline to submit your abstracts is the 8 March 2021. Unfortunately, we will be unable to accept any abstracts after this date has passed and there is no extension planned.
Why should you submit your an abstract?
- Enhance your CV - Presenting a poster at Congress gives you the opportunity to circulate your work and engage with your peers on an academic level and is an impressive addition to any CV
- Get published - For the first time ever, all successful abstracts will be published in a special supplement of the BJPsych Open
- Share your work with colleagues around the globe - Our poster viewing area has been one of the main highlights of our previous Congress’, this year we are able to offer you the chance to present on a wide range of topics to thousands of psychiatrists from all over the globe and from the comfort of your own home
- Awards and prizes are available
- Present your work in an oral presentation - Top scoring posters will be invited to a rapid-fire poster sessions to pitch their poster and take questions from the virtual audience
- Bursaries are available for UK and International Trainees
Will my 2020 abstract be carried over?
If your abstract was accepted for Congress 2020 your submission will be carried over to 2021. You should have already received an email inquiring whether or not you would like to make any amendments to your submission, withdraw your application etc.
If your abstract was not accepted for Congress 2020, we encourage you to re-submit this year! Take a look below for some of our top tips.
Please visit our FAQ page for more information.
Top tips for your proposal
- Make sure you have read the full guidance before submitting your abstract
- Take care to complete the online submission form as fully and as accurately as possible. Incomplete submissions will not be considered
- You can edit and amend your submission (this years or last) up until the deadline. Have a look through the submission portal before submitting your abstract to prepare and familiarise yourself with the required information
- Please ensure you identify who the presenting author is
- There is no limit to the amount of abstracts you submit. If you have more than one idea for a poster presentation you can submit multiple abstracts. Simply login to the portal with the username and password you have created and add a new abstract
- Please submit all abstracts via our online portal (firebird). We will not accept proposals via email
- There are a number of bursaries available to students, trainees and foundation doctors. You can apply for a bursary as part of your submission. Please ensure you complete all the information required
- The bursary is non transferable and limited to one author per application. You cannot apply for a bursary if you are already in receipt of a bursary from the RCPsych i.e Pathfinders. If you have received a bursary in the past three years you will not be considered for the 2021 bursaries
If you have any further questions regarding your submission, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com
We look forward to hearing from you and seeing you ‘virtually’ this summer.