Help us to shape the programme for Congress 2022!
28 September, 2021
After running a hugely successful virtual 2021 Congress we are now turning our attention to Congress 2022!
We are looking for proposals for sessions and masterclasses for next year's Congress that will take place on Monday 20 – Thursday 23 June 2022, and we want to hear from you!
Submit your proposal for Congress 2022 via our online portal before Friday 22 October.
We understand there is still some uncertainty surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic and the running of live events but we want to assure you that we are considering all eventualities however, we hope to give you more information in the coming months.
Why should you submit?
Being a part of the Congress programme is an excellent opportunity for you to present your work and engage with your academic peers. Of course, proposals don’t have to be solely academic and the Congress committee are very encouraging of suggestions that also include the perspectives of patient and/or carers.
We hope to entice delegates with a programme full of sessions, debates and masterclasses covering a wide-range of subjects including cutting-edge science, latest advances in clinical psychiatry, patient experience, policy and so much more, and we need your help to put it together!
Why not take a look at the full 2021 programme to gain an idea of the type of sessions that have been included in the past?
Top tips for your proposal
- The committee would like to see proposals that represent a diverse faculty, including women, ethnic minority groups and patients and carers.
- The Congress budget is limited so please try not to include high associated costs from speaker expenses.
- If you are submitting a session, please ensure that you meet the required guidelines and provide information for three speakers and a chair. If you are submitting a masterclass this could be up to three speakers and a chair.
- Ensure you have permission from all speakers and chairs suggested prior to making your submission.
- Make sure you complete all sections of the form and provide as much information regarding the aims of your session as possible.
- Try to include differing viewpoints in your proposal and don’t focus on one viewpoint or one model.
- Have a look through the submission portal before submitting your proposal to prepare and familiarise yourself with the required information. You can login and edit your proposal up until the deadline. Just make sure you click the submit button for it to be included.
- If you have more than one idea for a session you can submit multiple proposals. Just simply login to the portal with the username and password you have created and add a new proposal.
- Please do not submit poster abstracts. A separate call for poster abstracts will be open later on the year.
- Please submit all proposals via our online portal. We will not accept proposals via any other means.
If you have any further questions regarding your submission, please do not hesitate to contact a member of the team via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline for submissions is Friday 22 October 2021. Please note that no submissions will be accepted after this date.
We look forward to hearing from you!